Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Bad Instructions


It is only now, decades after it happened, that I can bring myself to discuss it here with you. I was a victim of bad instructions. What is worse is that I believe I was singled out for this conspiracy. The worst of it happened at university during my second attempt at linear equations. It was not limited to one of my math instructors, I look back and see that the entire math department was in on this cruel prank. There were times when 3 or 4 instructors and tutors would tag team me and show me bits of some equation and describe the bits in smaller pieces. I am certain that none of the other students were subjected to this barrage of instructions and they all did fine. Afterwards I would have less understanding of their bits and logs with rhythm than I had before the class began. I thought it was me.
Oil on canvas 8"X6"

No comments:

Pages

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails