Thursday, May 8, 2008

I blame myself (SOLD)


The photo does not do the painting justice. too much flash. Another few hours with washes and bob ross clouds. I think it wise to set this aside and move on.
I felt I should slow down on this painting. It just seems like I ignore it and attack it in short bursts. The house probably has 9 coats of paint. pretty much oxide red. the sky has changed colors about 6 times. I had some great clouds that resembled potatos. The green area has only about 3 to 6 coats of paint. I scraped off paint a couple of times. I read in an artblog today "if you can't paint, paint big." People like that. this painting is definitely lowercase. all the way. My camera caught this at 35 miles per hour. I don't know how I have missed this beautiful little red cottage. I doubt that it will be around long. I will look for it now on my trips back and forth along North Carolina Highway 12, the beachroad. When it meets the wrecking ball it may be replaced by a 12 bedroom 14 bath McMansion. Glad I caught it.
Check out this artblog. Its a riot. http://onpainting.wordpress.com/

Acrylic on canvas 18"X36. (SOLD)Thanks Debbie from Richmond. I hope you like the painting. Please feel free to leave a comment.

No comments:

Pages

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails