Sunday, June 8, 2008

The Cow Incident (the magical qualities of milk)(SOLD)





The cow incident happened one June afternoon while I was out looking for some stray cattle. After lunch I liked to look  for them in the soft grass under the willow trees. On ocassion I would look for them all day or until the sun was setting. I was not the type of farmer that could be found lying about the house when there was "man's work" to be done. From that particular vantage point in the shade of the willows not even the smallest calf could twitch it's ear without my noticing. I also became aware that the tops of my boots could make Willard Horter's silo's in the distance appear and disappear if I closed one eye and then the other, ..........
I was startled out of my heightened state of concentrating on finding cattle by the sound of breathing near my face.

Acrylic on canvas 24"X24" (SOLD to Toni in Maryland)

1 comment:

Marilyn M. King said...

Great cow and love the sheep, you stud, you. You selling the story with it? That cow must be female with those luscious lashes. I think she has a crush.
The sheep painting has a very nice graphic feel, a plus for any decor.

Pages

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails