Tuesday, May 20, 2008

mug and flowers (painting with loathing)nfs


I started this painting yesterday with freshly picked hybiscus. This morning the flowers were dead dead. The problem began yesterday when I was looking for my shoe. I often rearranged my studio in attempts to find stuff. The act of looking for my shoe is not unlike a treasure hunt but for the treasure. On other ocassions a voyage of discovery into the past, and then there's the stuff nobody should have to touch. Dang...There it is, stupid shoe. .......Dang.I moved the stuff I had been painting. Still life means the stuff doesn't move around while you paint them. A real no no for still life painter's. Everything was different and the flowers were, you know, dead. I winged it, all the while loathing the flowers in their withered repose and new shadows. Acrylic on canvas. 16"X12 (GOOD LUCK TO THE BRIDE AND GROOM)

Pages

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails