Tuesday, May 20, 2008

mug and flowers (painting with loathing)nfs


I started this painting yesterday with freshly picked hybiscus. This morning the flowers were dead dead. The problem began yesterday when I was looking for my shoe. I often rearranged my studio in attempts to find stuff. The act of looking for my shoe is not unlike a treasure hunt but for the treasure. On other ocassions a voyage of discovery into the past, and then there's the stuff nobody should have to touch. Dang...There it is, stupid shoe. .......Dang.I moved the stuff I had been painting. Still life means the stuff doesn't move around while you paint them. A real no no for still life painter's. Everything was different and the flowers were, you know, dead. I winged it, all the while loathing the flowers in their withered repose and new shadows. Acrylic on canvas. 16"X12 (GOOD LUCK TO THE BRIDE AND GROOM)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

what a nice painting!

Arlene,
Federal Way flowers

Pages

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails