Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Ethridge Seafood and Yellowfin (SOLD)


This is the back side, or rather, the waterfront side of Ethridge Seafood Co. in Wanchese, NC. One of the new worries for the local fishing and boating industry is, due to spending cuts, the US Army Corps. of Engineers will stop dredging Oregon Inlet. This has happened before and eventually dredging of the canal is resumed. If Oregon Inlet is not dredged regularily it will eventually close of its own accord. Oregon Inlet is the only inlet into the inland waters of the sounds from Rudee's Inlet in Virginia Beach to Ocracoke Inlet.  You can imagine what that would mean to boats like The YellowFin. Check it out on googlemaps.
 I like this one and I am starting to like the slick surfaces of panels.Thanks for looking
Oil on panel 10"X20"
This painting is sold.

2 comments:

Autumn Leaves said...

Your boat and water paintings are always my favorites, Rick, and this is no exception. I especially love that impressionistic looking sky in this piece.

Camille LaRue Olsen said...

You are on my short list for artists from whom I want to buy when my ship comes in. This boat painting is one I would pop for in that case.

Pages

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails