Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Last Trip to Serendipity (SOLD)

I'm never comin' back.
I may add a bit more paint to this, but it is all but finished.
 A lot of painters do a detailed sketch in pencil or chalk to define the shapes before they add paint. Not me. I muck right in and then wipe it off and then muck in some more. This leaves my canvases pretty oily before I find the shapes. I will probably have to let this dry some or use a very soft brush. I decided to push my luck and paint this wonderful house on Hatteras Island one more time in its old location. They moved it this spring. If  you did not get to witness the move, here is a youtube video. (Sidebar) The house moving contractor is the same company that moved the Cape Hatteras Lighthouse a few years ago. 
click HERE to watch it.
Oil on canvas 18"X24"
This painting is sold.

3 comments:

martinealison said...

Quelle maison! votre travail en cours est absolument grandiose.

Autumn Leaves said...

Gosh Rick. I still want to see inside this magnificent house!

suzanneberry said...

The series of paintings of this house are stunning! I would own them all if I could. There's so much character in your strokes, so much that seems to tell stories about the house. Perfect!

Pages

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails