Saturday, January 9, 2010

Bring it with you when you come (SOLD)

For me a work in progress can change in good ways. I decided to forget the architecture. I think it is an improvement. This is a very good exercise to see my works in progress next to my photos in thumbnail.
This painting is a work in progress. I decided to show you my subjects. I saw what Dana Cooper did with the 5 girls on a bench and here I come.  I decided to try to paint this because I did not think I could.   I am still not sure. Sometimes my works in progress should have stayed there or here or bring it with you when you come.
Now that we are discussing bring it with you when you come........
Someone bought "Serendipity" the house in Rodanthe in previous paintings and is moving it to a "safer" location. As a rule the minimum building  distance for a single family residence  from the ocean (MBL) (minimum building line) is determined this way.
 The erosion rate X The length of your mortage. 
an example.
A 30 year mortgage in an erosion zone determined to be 4 feet a year would be 120' back from the first line of stable vegetation, wherever that is....
Oil on Canvas 8"X16"
this painting is sold.

5 comments:

Debbie said...

hmmmm - this IS pretty complicated. Sure you can handle it? :-)
Go Cowboys

Autumn Leaves said...

What a neat work in progress, Rick. I think you are doing marvelously with this so far. As you continue to add color, I think the details will come out more readily. I like it alot! Can't wait to see the continued work. Thanks for that bit of trivia on how houses should be situated in areas where there is high erosion. Must say that I am amazed at a loss of soil/sand of 4 ft. per year! Yowza!

Autumn Leaves said...

I like the updated version Rick. Honestly, I had to look hard even at the photo because I thought the structure behind the kids was a train! LOL Yes, I do have bad eyes. But I think your decision to remove the building was a good one. This is coming along beautifully!!

Delilah said...

Great Painting, Men go where Angles fear to tread.

Rick Nilson said...

Hey there Delilah,

I think its fools not men.

Pages

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails