Thursday, July 3, 2008

Crab Approximately(SOLD)

(SOLD)
This is how I start my paintings. I did a pencil sketch on 8X11 last night. This morning I smeared a wash over the entire canvas. yellow ochre and red oxide in this case. I let it dry, this time. Sometimes I don't. I mixed my black to define the shapes of my crab in proportion to a square. I have found that I can play some with "correct proportions". In this case I want to make my crab look "beefier" (crab on steroids) I mixed white with the leftover background combo and with the black and established my masses. Then I started adding color. .....and then I posted this...... and then I made a sandwich......... I might make a few phone calls......... What is your number anyway? Acrylic on canvas 20"X20" Thanks for looking.

2 comments:

Molly Mansfield said...

It's still here I'm sure, along with allot more. This used to be little town is growing like crazy. I love the colors in this guy.

Rick Nilson said...

Glad you like the color. I do miss Texas. Great people and damn good bbq brisket. Gig 'em!

Pages

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails