Sunday, August 9, 2009

The Honeymooners (it didn't work out)(SOLD)

I have a couple of easels, this one is my favorite. This is an old plotter stand with a piece of lvl attached and 3 12X12 tiles . It is on rollers. Works great. I am redoing a painting with dabs of orange.
This is my pallette of colors and where Mike Rooney told me to put them. I like it like this. I know just where to go to get mud. I keep a gallon of mineral spirits just to my right.
Sadly, when I started painting him, I realized that he couldn't make it without her. I will scrap him. Hopefully she can go on with some kind of life in a little beach cottage somewhere. I will keep the name as a reminder of their brief time together.
I have spent more time on these, is it progress?
I'm just painting shapes here. I struggle with warming the flesh tones.
Oil on canvas 10"X20" and 9"X20
The lady is sold.

5 comments:

Marilyn M. King said...

Great figures! I'd say the figure on the right has lots of curvy shapes. hehe. The swim suit on the "Guy on Board" is the best! great belly too.

You are doing great work!!!
Flesh - what's wrong with a little orange?

Rick Nilson said...

orange. I went with it. right answer! Thanks Marilyn.

You Paint!

Kevy400 said...

Non-painter here... Is the long white streak because you mix that more than the other colors?

Rick Nilson said...

Kevin,

its titanium white. if you put it out in a long "worm" it is easier to keep it pure white. when you mix with other colors ,no suprises with a tiny amount of the wrong color.

Linda Roth said...

I like the two figures together as you positioned them. Topsy-turvy says it all. Good stuff. I also like the way you keep your paints., but don't shake the table.

Pages

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails