Friday, October 7, 2011

A Fish House Farewell (on painting with nostalgia)(SOLD)

I never took much percentage in nostalgia. I have always had enough in front of me to spend much time looking back. I was, however, a bit nostalgic learning this old fish house in Wanchese had succumb to the elements and finally the wrecking ball. She is gone now, a victim of neglect. I have painted her before, 
(in the past), but no more.
"Ode to the Fish House"
a poem by Rick Nilson
Oh, my old fish house. Sitting so patiently, while I painted you, alone in my studio.
Never asking to have your roof fixed or your windows caulked while I painted you, alone in my studio.
Now I shall paint you again, alone in my studio.
Never more.
Never more.
Jeese how cheese!
Oil on canvas 16"X16"
This painting is sold

3 comments:

martinealison said...

Une publication émouvante... Une toile merveilleuse... Une seconde vie pour cette maison grâce à vous.
Bises

Anonymous said...

I'm always sad to see buildings go that I remember being in a place for years. Love the way the sunlight hits the back end of that red boat, Rick!

Susan Roux said...

And a poet too... Who knew?

Pages

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails