Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Assurance (On moving on)

What may or may not be evident in this version is that I have decided on moving on with my life!
here is more progress in the form of more paint on the canvas. I will now put more paint on it and take a better picture. I have not had much experience painting waves or water, but I learn a little something with every painting. At first it seems like mindless work, (mix muddy gray paint with other colors and smear on a saturated canvas) ,without rhyme or reason. Then I add more paint and motion seems to appear.

I have spent more time just adding more paint to the paint that was already there, now I plan to add some more paint on top of this.


I spent some time just getting the guy approximately to human proportions. I want this to have a flat graphic sort of quality. Instead it looks like this.

oil on canvas 12"X24"

2 comments:

Camille LaRue Olsen said...

You'll have to try again on the flat and graphic-ness, because this looks very 3D but I like it!

Debbie said...

I truly love the water. And the detail in the folds of the guy's pants - my eye wants to study your colors and the way you nailed the shadows. ANd the dogs - just enough detail to know they are Labradors. And finally the composition. You have an instinct about good composition.

Pages

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails