Sunday, April 26, 2009

Think Happy Thoughts


"Son, there are a lot of things in this world that you are going to have absolutely no use for." I am having fun with my new bug buddies. I left the doors to my "studio" open and the lights on to welcome them. I wander around my garden searching for subjects. Anyone watching me would surely think "Hehold, a man searching for bugs to paint in his "studio"" . I feel the cheery name helps to compensate for the subject.

Oil on linen 12"X14"
This painting is no longer available

2 comments:

Marilyn M. King said...

I sure do like this bug painting. I'd love to see it in real life size, the impact would be impressive - a little bitty bug painted about 4" in body size. I think the shadow is awesome! The background color and texture quite nice and overall a great painting. I just wonder where I'd hang it? Kitchen? no...Bath? maybe not.... Bedroom? definitely not!.... Sunroom!!! that's it!

Sara Winters said...

Very well done! This painting gives me the Colly-wobbles. You really really got that whole spidery thing down. Your brushwork and use of color is fantastic!

Pages

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails