Sunday, August 14, 2016

A cup of cake with a cherry

Who wouldn't love a little cake.
Things seem so different now. Now that it is the year 2016.  I think maintaining a blog offers a  clearer perspective or a reference point for life and for sure paintings.   It is all so true that painting is easy when you don't know how, but very difficult once you do. 
and the results do not seem to show or follow some logical or allegorical  scheme, but just some random chain of events tied together with overviews of my existence on these outer banks. I know that blogging is a more lonely place since facebook. That has changed.
I look back on my painting archives from 2007 and 2008 and realize that "things seem so different now". 
Oil on panel 6"X8"
$100. ricknilson@gmail.com



1 comment:

Carol Schiff Daily Painting said...

I love your blog, but I know what you mean. I don't think I have had a new reader in 3 years. But it is like a diary and I continue to post.

Pages

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails