Thursday, June 7, 2012

Combination of the Two (SOLD)


Of late I have felt the insecurities that all painters must feel from time to time. Those feeling one gets when you see how your work is not what you wish it was and you begin to compare yourself to others. Then all those other feelings of inadequacy rush in to fill the day. I have been painting most days, at least something, but find it difficult to bring myself to being judged. Alas, I hope this is  temporary.
Oil on canvas 9"X12" 
this painting is sold.

4 comments:

David J Magdalenski said...

You must not let it interfere with who you are as a painter. I can spot a nilson at a 100 yards and that... is the greatest gift. I say let them judge because no one paints like you !!!

LS Nelson said...

I agree with David. You're one of a kind, you're funny, your work is dee-lightful (but not in a silly way), and there's a bunch of us out here who are huge fans.

Kate Ladd Art said...

I just found your blog and I love your work. I live in NC too and paint abstracts of the beach. Am going to apply to NC Daily Painters.

Lee said...

Been there, actually I'm a frequent visitor. I love your paintings and wish I could incorporate that wonderful brushwork into my own endeavors.

Pages

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails