Sunday, December 4, 2011

Painting Kaylee Fisher (SOLD)

One morning I met my friend Mick in Wanchese.  We planned to do a plien aire painting of these guys painting their fishing boat, the "Kaylee Fisher". We got there a little late. When we arrived it  was obvious.  The painters had set up in the wrong place, just under the only tree on the lot. They failed to see my painting would have been better if I  was set up exactly where the boat sat. The dappled shade felt welcoming in the morning sun and threw odd shadows on the hull. The scene was not up to my artistic standards. I hesitated  asking them to move their job site from under the tree. I feared  they would not have seen validity of the request. 
None the less, I mucked on like a good soldier. Since, I have lamented not doing something with the images I photographed that day. I tried the same piece as a studio work in a larger size and moved the boat out into the morning sun. I think this is my best work to date,  I am quite pleased. And it's not just the pills talkin'.
Oil on canvas 16"X20"
this painting is sold.

1 comment:

Susan Roux said...

You have a good eye, it is well done. Nice to read some of your thought process as well. I'm often wondering about that process...

Pages

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails