Friday, October 10, 2008

Missionary Crabs (on painting the marathon)


I am making up another crab scene. This seemed to be a very complicated painting. I painted on it long enough to call it "Marathon crabs". These crabs were tired of holding this position for 3 days. I heard a daily painter referring to painting daily as a marathon. He said you can't start a marathon and then quit after ten minutes and say I will finish it tomorrow. I painted this right side up and then upside down and then sideways. I struggled with this one. Acrylic on canvas 18"X18"
This painting is no longer available.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I rather enjoy the abstract nature your crabs are acquiring - you know them so well!

I am Tyler Nilson said...

are you going to caLL this series "karma sutra crabs"?

Anonymous said...

Debbie,

I am finding out that abstract nature in crabs is a difficult goal.

Tyler,

Yeah, actually I did consider calling this karma sutra crabs.

Pages

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails